Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Scholar of 2012

I am afraid of nothing but the you my love
Will you inherit some of the fears like the rest?
Those thin men weep as they memorize their pain
Complains they drink in their dark clubs and cafes

I don't want you to be caught like the rest
in beers, mumbling the small dreams that we had
The neighbours have violent stories of their mates
They are doomed to remember rage and only rage

I don't want you to believe what the rest tell
You can worship the god, but you adore me more than him
How can he love us more than we love eachother?
These frantic prayers won't do us any good

I dont want you take the path that other tread
Never become the face in blur of other heads
I walked with you, and I know your destination
Its far away from the limits that they preach


You are with them, but don't become one of them
They are horses, they sleep while they stand
You're the gifted scholar, the world will have
I remember, but you should never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment